Thursday, March 26, 2009

The King's Room and the Other Guest Room

We really need to come up with a cool name for our second guest room. The King's room just sounds so illustrious compared to the "other" room. Nobody will ever want to sleep there.

This is the view of the two guest rooms from the hallway. As you can see, there are windows looking into the King's room. The reason for this was to signal to the servants when Lillie Langtry was "entertaining" the King. They would know not to bother them when the curtains were closed.
We found a new bead spread at TK Maxx...Obviously the same thing as TJ's in the states. It's only 5 minutes from our house, so I'm sure I'll do a bunch of bargain hunting there!

I posted pictures similar to the next two before, but this is what the whole room looks like.


AND...the other room. We put our old bedroom furniture (Jordan's stuff from home) in this room. It's a really pretty room with lots of natural light. We just haven't done much with it yet.
This room has it's own bathroom attached.


3 comments:

  1. TJ Maxx is one of my favorite stores, hands down! Nice to see they have places all over the world... Hmm, England is starting to look more appealing everyday now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Cooper has already claimed the "other" room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - your new home looks amazing! I know that you are missing home, but at least it looks, and sounds like a good place to be. Keep exploring and maybe one day I'll even make it over the pond to visit! It's been a crazy day here. This morning I woke up to a dusting of snow and listened to the news as I was preparing to leave for work. All of the schools in the Denver area closed because of the anticipated storms. By 12n the snow and wind were crazy...quite a few businesses had closed and I was trying to make my way home. I have never seen the bus stations downtown as crowded as they were! I waited for about an hour and a half just to get on the bus. I was lucky that my total commute was only about 2 1/2 hours long. Dylan's flight is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 8am, but with all the flight cancellations today, we are just hoping that they will be able to leave. I think I'm more nervous than he is though! He had to go see Margot before leaving, so I'm thinking of going to bed so that we can leave by 4:45 or 5am and he is visiting his girlfriend!! Take care of yourself, and each other. Love you, Aunt Suzi

    ReplyDelete