Thursday, March 12, 2009

A few pictures!

I was finally able to load my pictures onto my computer! The ones of the house are from when we first looked at it, so it will look different once we're settled. I didn't take all that many photos during our first visit, so there are many more to come.

This is Jordan starting up the Miata for the first time! Now you can imagine how hard it is for him to get out. BTW, the car's name is Inez. :)

Our house has a name too!

Our house from the front.

This is what you see right when you walk in the front door. The archway to the left is a sitting room, with french doors leading out to the back yard. The doorway to the right is the bar, and in between is the cloakroom.

This is the bar. See the glass windows to the left? That symbol is the Prince of Wales' Feathers. As I mentioned before, this house was built for Lillie Langtry, King Edward VII's mistress. At the time that they were involved, King Edward was the Prince of Wales. Our L-shaped couch is to the left of the bar, and we have our TV set up across the room.

This is the fireplace in the dining room. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the dining room itself, but it has a baby grand piano in it, and big windows looking out over the garden. If you look closely, King Edward VII's crest is carved in the middle of the mantel!

This is the view of our back yard, but there is more on the other side of the hedge on the left. The garden on the right is now beginning to sprout, and daffodills are starting to bloom.

This is a sitting room right outside of our bedroom. You see this room right after you climb the stairs. I forgot to take a picture of our bedroom, but it's to the left of this room, and it overlooks the back yard.

This was the King's bedroom. We are now accepting reservations. :)

Also in the King's room.
The fireplace in the King's room.


9 comments:

  1. WOW! The house is huge! :) Can't wait to see it after ya'll get settled in! Is some of the old furniture staying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.. I can NOT wait to see more pictres.. Hey maybe Ross' next assignment will be to Mildenhal after you guys and we can rent this place right after you two! I hope you are enjoying it and I am excited to see some more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I know someone with royalty in England! Lifestyles of the rich and famous as Robin Leach would say. haha. I'm so happy for you guys. I hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the girls are asking how big is your house?

    Well, better get the girls off to school - Lauren has CSAP's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, some of the old furniture stays. And as far as the size... they measure houses differently here. Each room is measured individually, so to get a grand total we will have to add up the square feet from each room. It's pretty big though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! I can't believe you LIVE there, it looks like a museum! And you even have your own bar, wow. Craziness.
    I laughed so hard at poor Jordan in the Miata! Talk about a compact car!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey!!! Love the pictures of the house! So far we only have a broken shelf to a bookcase, a floor lamp is bent, and some scratches here and there. To be expected. How about you guys???

    ReplyDelete
  8. SWEET HOUSE! It looks like something out of a movie! Is that Jordan's bicycle out in the backyard? I think he should stick to the Miata...

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL about the bike comment...I thought the same thing! Pink bike or teeny tiny Miata! The house is amazing! I willl show Felice tomorrow! Have fun exploring and learning all of the history of this amazing house! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete