Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just our luck

I went to my first wives' function on Monday night, which was at the bowling alley on base. I had a lot of fun and met a bunch of wonderful girls. I can't wait to become closer with everyone! We bowled two games; the first was "funny bowling", where we would throw the ball differently (granny style, after spinning around 5 times, opposite hand, etc.) for each frame. The second game was just normal. As it turns out, there were prizes for the top three bowlers. As it turns out...I won first place!!! I bowled 224 over two games, 101 on the first game and 123 on the second. Not my best, but I just could not believe that I won! I got a box of really good dark chocolates and some new slippers and pedicure stuff.

In addition, Jordan entered a pool for March madness, and he's currently in 2nd place! So much for trying to keep a low profile for the first few months! :) We're keeping our fingers crossed for Syracuse right now...

Then, on Tuesday night, we went to a Quiz Night at The Bell (a nearby pub). You pay 1 pound per person to play, and each team has a chance at winning the pot. That night it was about 25 pounds. The trivia questions are about things like current events, naming a famous person in a picture, history, and naming a song title and artist after hearing the first 10 seconds. Being the only American team there, we of course lost terribly. But we had a great time and met a bunch of local people. We are planning on making quiz night a weekly event on our calendar. After the quiz was over, they sold tickets to have a chance play a "higher or lower" type of game. The pot for that was 195 pounds, so we each bought a ticket for 1 pound. To my surprise, my number was picked! Unfortunately I did not win the pot, but it was still exciting to be chosen!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like bowling and quiz night were a blast! Derek and I are competing against each other with our brackets...and I'm not one to brag much, but I'm winning! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori and I looked at your pictures. We are thinking that Cooper wanted to be the star of all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete