Tuesday, March 10, 2009

All moved in!

Yesterday was a big day! Our household goods were delivered in the morning, and I got to play director as the Englishmen brought each box and piece of furniture into the house. Our landlord's wife (Anne) came over right away to offer tea to all of us--so sweet! I was holding on to Cooper when she brought the tea in, and she asked, "Would you like a sausage?" I responded, "No thank you, I'm fine." Anne and all of the movers immediately stopped in their tracks and started to laugh. Anne then told me that she was offering the sausage to Cooper. I totally thought that she was offering me breakfast!

We spent the better part of the day arranging furniture, and I'm slowly getting the kitchen put together. The hardest part is that there are no drawers in the entire house! Our kitchen has plenty of cabinet space, but for odds and ends drawers are extremely helpful! We are thinking of getting an island for the center of the kitchen, so that will help. The kitchen is currently painted red, which we plan to change once we're all moved in. I hope to get pictures up soon.

Last night was our first night in the house. I have never lived in an old house before, so I'll admit it--I was nervous. However, it went fairly well. I didn't sleep all that well, but all things considered it was a good night. I didn't hear any noises or see anything funny, so I was fine. I hope that once we're completely settled it will begin to feel more like "home", and I'll be able to just relax. This morning, we woke up with the beautiful view of our back yard through the bedroom window. It instantly put me in a good mood. I cannot wait until spring when all the flowers in our garden begin to bloom. We both showered, and learned that we will definitely have to get used to the lack of water pressure. As the previous tennants so eloquently put it--the shower feels like 10 midgets peeing on you! Hah!

Today, we're off to the commissary to buy some groceries. But we have to be careful not to buy too much--the miata's trunk is only big enough to fit about three purses...

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh I just laughed so hard about the midgets peeing in the shower!!

    Did all of your stuff arrive okay - it's all there and nothing's broken??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Anne! The midgets comment was awesome! :)

    Can't wait to see pics of the house with all your stuff in it! :)

    ReplyDelete